We’re all familiar with the classic brown cardigan sweater. It’s a wardrobe staple, and it’s versatile enough to pair with almost anything. Brown cardigan sweaters are a classic style that can be worn in any season. They’re also a fashion essential that goes with almost everything! But there are so many fun ways to add some style to this classic piece of clothing! Here are some of the best ways to wear your favorite brown cardigans.
The best colors to pair with a brown cardigan sweater
In our opinion, brown cardigan sweaters look best when paired with blue jeans. But you don’t have to go all out and wear a denim button-up with your brown cardigan sweater; we suggest pairing it with black pants instead. You’ll still maintain that cozy and chic vibe you’re going for, but by wearing black pants instead of blue jeans, you can be more comfortable when you’re out during the day or on the weekends. If you want to take things up a notch, throw in some heels or booties!
If you’re feeling edgy today, feel free to wear your brown cardigan sweater with gray pants instead of black ones—they’ll look great together if done right! We also love how khaki pants complement this piece: they add just enough color without being overwhelming.
What type of pants go best with a brown sweater?
You’ll want to wear pants that help your brown sweater look polished and put-together, but not too dressy. A pair of black pants or cropped leather pants are both great options. Also, here are some tips for you:
- Avoid wearing jeans with a brown cardigan sweater unless you’re going for an intentionally casual look.
- Look for dark wash jeans (not distressed) in a darker color like black or deep blue denim to pair with your brown cardigan sweaters. You can also try colored denim like indigo or white denim if you want something slightly brighter.
Here is a video about how to style a cardigan.
Accessorizing a brown sweater
If you’re feeling a little more adventurous, try accessorizing with a scarf or hat. A scarf in particular can add some unique flair to any outfit, so why not throw one on over your brown sweater? You can even wear it as a fashion statement rather than an accessory if you want!
Another idea is to add some jewelry—like necklaces and bracelets—to make the most out of your look. Adding something like this will make it feel like you’re not wearing just any old piece of clothing; instead, it’ll look like something stylish!
And finally, if you’re feeling like going all out with your accessories but don’t want to overwhelm yourself with too much stuff at once (which could be overwhelming). Try pairing up two small items such as earrings and rings together for example – this way both looks good individually but also make sense together when put together side by side.”
The best shoes to wear with a brown sweater
The best shoes to wear with a brown sweater are black ankle boots. Brown ballet flats are also a good option, as they complement the color of your sweater while keeping you comfortable. If you want something more casual, try brown sandals or wedges instead of heels. Brown sneakers are also great for this style of outfit because they’re easy to put on and take off and can make anyone look cool!
Hairstyles that look great with a brown sweater
- Bun: it’s easy to pull your hair into a sleek and smooth bun when you’ve got the right tool. Try using a pomade to add shine and help the style stay in place all day.
- Ponytail: a ponytail is always a great look because it allows your bangs or any other parts of your hair to frame your face in a flattering way. If you have curly or wavy hair, use an elastic spray for extra hold!
- Braids: braids are never out of style, but they’re especially cute if you’re wearing one of our brown cardigan sweaters! The texture will give your braid some added dimension–just make sure not too much of it shows from underneath the sweater so that everything looks balanced (and not too busy).
Recommended products and articles:
MEROKEETY Women's Open Front Chunky Knit Sweater Oversized Lantern Sleeve Cardigan Outwear Brown