You may be tired of hearing how big of an impact the French cuff blouse trend has had on the fashion industry, but that doesn’t change the fact that it is here to stay. If you want to make sure you are doing this trend right. There are four tips that you need to keep in mind. Use these tips when shopping for your next French cuff blouse. And you will look great whether you wear it with jeans or with a pencil skirt!
Invest In A Quality Pair Of French Cuffs
t’s not a trend that you want to just get caught up in without knowing what the rules are. As it can be tricky to pull off. If you’re thinking about investing in a new pair of french cuff blouses. Take these four tips into consideration before you make your purchase.
1) Figure out your desired sleeve length. You can either go with the traditional 3/4 length or opt for the full arm coverage of a long sleeve blouse.
2) Get your shirt hem tailored so that it hits at your natural waistline and is not too short. One thing to remember is that if you’re going for a more casual look. Rolling up the sleeves can be an option; but if you want something more formal, skip this step.
Consider The Fabric Of Your Blouse
What fabric should I choose?
There are a wide variety of fabrics to choose from. But the general rule is that you want your blouse to be lightweight and airy for the warmer months. When it gets colder, your blouse can be made from thicker materials like wool or cashmere. This year’s hottest fabric? Denim. 2. What about sleeve length and cuff style?
French cuffs are in vogue this season, especially when paired with a delicate or sheer top underneath. You can also opt for long sleeves or three-quarter length sleeves depending on what look you’re going for–whether that’s more formal or casual.
Go Bold With Your Color Choice
One of the best parts about spring is being able to break out all your brighter colors again! Pairing a bright blouse with a plain navy or dark jeans is an easy way to transition into spring. To get the most out of your color choice. Make sure you find one that coordinates well with your skin tone and hair color. If you have darker hair and skin, choose a brighter hue like coral or peach; if you have lighter hair and skin, go for warmer colors like pink or yellow.
If you’re feeling daring, keep it interesting by adding in contrasting details: consider pairing a bright blouse with black pants, or opting for a cream-colored blouse with black jeans.
Pair With The Right Bottoms
The key to nailing the french cuff blouses trend is pairing them with your favorite bottoms. So, whether you’re looking for business casual or going out on the town, we’ve got your back. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1) Pair french cuff blouses with jeans and lace up heels for a night out on the town.
2) Dress them down with pants and sneakers for a day of meetings at work.
3) Mix them in with sundresses at a summer wedding or garden party.
Amazon Essentials Women's Classic-Fit 3/4 Sleeve Poplin Shirt, French Blue, Stripe, X-Large
Amazon Essentials Women's Classic-Fit Long-Sleeve Button-Down Poplin Shirt, French Blue, Stripe, Medium