Thanksgiving is one of the most beloved and anticipated holidays of the year. It can be especially enjoyable if you have some cute decorations to spruce up your table with. Thanksgiving can be pretty expensive, but it doesn’t have to be! Check out these 4 cheap dollar tree Thanksgiving table decor ideas that look amazing, but won’t cost you much! You won’t even have to shop at the pumpkin patch or in the grocery store for Thanksgiving decorations this year! They’re all super easy to make and require items from your local dollar tree store. Enjoy!
The Introduction of Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in the United States, Canada, Grenada, Saint Lucia, and Liberia. It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Similarly named festival holidays occur in Germany and Japan. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and around the same part of the year in other places. Although Thanksgiving has historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, it has long been celebrated as a secular holiday as well.
1. Glass Vases
As one of the decorations, glass vase can certainly be one of the choices for Thanksgiving table decoration. If you are on a budget, the following steps can help you DIY a unique Thanksgiving glass vase of your own.
1) First, wash and dry the selected glass bottle in advance. After that, you can use the glass outline pen to outline the expected pattern on the bottle.
2) Next, fill in the pattern with glass paint (PS: you can also use acrylic paint, but the color may fade slightly). You can choose common Thanksgiving patterns, such as pumpkins, roast chicken, or even a variety of flowers. Once the paint is completely dry, you can use it as you wish.
3) Finally, put your favorite flowers in the vase and place them on the table. The cheap but beautiful Thanksgiving glass vase is done!
2. Wooden Candlesticks
As a heartwarming holiday, Thanksgiving is important to many people. On that day, how can we not have candles? If you have already bought candles, but struggle to know where to put them, you may want to make homemade wooden Candlesticks. This will add to the festive atmosphere and also save a fortune! Here are the simple steps to follow:
1) First, you need to prepare a few pieces of wood boards of the right size. If there is no board, discarded wooden sticks can also be used. Just cut the sticks in half and make them into boards by grinding them.
2) Secure the board with nails to make a solid base. After this, find a board of moderate height and use nails to fix it in the center of the base.
3) Prepare a metal bottle cap and nail it to the other end of the board to serve as a tray for the candle.
4) Finally, you can add any number of decorations to the bottom, such as handmade flowers, grass, pumpkins and roasted chicken models. Thus, a perfect wooden candlestick is finished!
3. Faux Pumpkins
Pumpkins are featured as decorations for many holidays, including Halloween a while back and the upcoming Thanksgiving. For many people, pumpkin decorations purchased in stores are very expensive for what they are. As fake pumpkins, some prices even reach $ 40. So, the steps below will show you how to make faux pumpkins.
1) First, you need to prepare a few grocery sacks, and a lot of kneaded newspaper. After that, load these newspapers into the grocery sack until filling up it. And tie the sack in a knot.
2) The portable part of the sack will become the stem of the pumpkin. In this step, we wrap the masking tape around the handheld section. And, cut off the excess of the top part.
3) Wrap the sack with string into eight parts, equivalent to the eight petals of a pumpkin. After doing this, we can get the general shape of the pumpkin
4) Next, we prepare a bag of paper mache pulp. This material is very cheap and perfect for crafts. We add the water to the paper mache pulp. Once it is blended together, we need to adhere the material to the prepared sack. During this process, you can use your fingers to squeeze out the pumpkin shape.
5) After all the paper pulp has dried, we use paint to color the paper pumpkins. Thus, a cute and inexpensive faux pumpkin is finished!
4. Maple leaves
Maple leaves, a symbol of autumn, are also perfect for decorating the desktop. As the weather gradually gets colder, maple leaves have faded in many areas. So the following steps can teach you how to DIY maple leaves for Thanksgiving desktop decoration!
1) Use a pencil to draw the outer outline of the maple leaf onto thick cardstock. Be careful to draw various shapes and sizes of maple leaves to make them look more realistic.
2) After drawing the outline of the maple leaf, just cut it out with scissors. The morphological feature of the maple leaf is the five-pointed leaves. So avoid cutting the tips of the leaves into rounded ones during the cutting process.
3) Then comes the most important part of dyeing. Wet the brush with water and apply it evenly on the paper maple leaves. While the maple leaf is wet, paint it with the right color. Pay attention to painting the details of the leaf so that it will look more simulated. After it dries, a perfect paper maple leaf is finished.
If you are interested in other Thanksgiving diy, this video below can help you:
After reading this blog, if you also want to make your own decoration, the following items can help you:
[content-egg module=AmazonNoApi template=item]