Makeup sponges are essential to your beauty routine, but they can be difficult to keep fresh and clean. If you don’t wash your makeup sponge regularly, that can lead to bacteria and other impurities, making them less effective when used with your face wash or foundation. Instead of tossing your makeup sponges out every few weeks, you can clean them and get even more use out of them!
This article will teach you how to clean your makeup sponges after each use, so they are always fresh and ready for next use.
The Importance of Makeup Sponges
If you apply makeup on a daily basis, you need to take care of your sponges. With frequent use, the bacteria from your face can accumulate on the surface of the sponge. These bacteria can lead to skin issues. In order to ensure that your sponges stay clean, it is important to wash them regularly with warm water and soap. You should also replace the sponges after 2 or 3 months or when they start to show signs of wear and tear. When washing, be sure to avoid scrubbing too hard as this can cause pores in the sponge.
Benefits of Washing Makeup Sponges
Washing your sponges regularly is an important step in the daily makeup. Not only does it remove makeup residue from the previous use, but it also prevents bacteria growth. The benefits of washing makeup sponges are listed as below.
- Remove previous makeup residue
- Help prevent bacterial growth
- Prevent skin problems
How to Clean Makeup Sponges
Washing the makeup sponge is a must if you want to keep them fresh and clean. If you neglect this step, they will start growing bacteria which can cause irritated skin or other skin problems. Follow below steps to keep the makeup sponges always clean:
- Soak the makeup sponges in a bowl of warm water with dish soap for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the sponge under running water until the water runs clear.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the sponge by rolling it between two hands.
- Lay flat on a towel and air-dry overnight.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a gentle soap to clean the sponges. Rinse the makeup sponges thoroughly with water after each use. Dry them on a flat surface or between two paper towels.
- After drying your sponges, store them in a container lined with a kitchen towel to help absorb any moisture so that they don’t become moldy.
- Store your sponges upright so they don’t get moldy over time. Air-dry them completely before storing.
- If you are sensitive to scents, store your sponges in a sealed container. Store sponges outside of the bathroom because of moisture.
- Wash them at least once per week (if used daily). If you only apply makeup during the weekends, wash your sponges every other week.
- We recommend using liquid soap instead of bar soap to avoid accidental breakage when cleaning.
- Reuse your sponge until it shows sign of dark spots, then dispose of it in the trash. Replace makeup sponges every 3 months.
Just watch below video to learn how to clean makeup sponges correctly.
You may also like the following items to help you clean the makeup sponges more effectively. Hope this article is helpful to you and you will also love what we have recommended!
EcoTools Professional Makeup Cleaner for Makeup Brushes, Brush and Makeup Beauty Sponge Cleansing Shampoo, Fragrance Free, Hypoallergenic, Paraben Free, 6 fl.oz./ 177 mL Bottle
BEAUTYBLENDER Liquid BLENDERCLEANSER for Cleaning Makeup Sponges, Brushes & Applicators, 3 oz. Vegan, Cruelty Free and Made in the USA
What Moredeal.us do?
Moredeal.us is an affiliate website. We would like to offer a platform that links consumers and brands closer, in this way customers can search the best deals in our website. Brands also can share their good products on our website to our customers.
It’s not about our platform neither about us; it’s all about you. We wouldn’t succeed without your support and we would not take your trust for granted. In days to come, we will continue to provide good-quality products for you, and spare no efforts to give you the best shopping experience.