If you suffer from migraines, you’re probably already aware of the many medications and treatments that are offered. You’ve likely tried some or all of them before finding one that works to control your migraine pain. Yet even then, you might have to take it with other medications. What’s worse, you might have to deal with side effects like nausea and vomiting, dry mouth, constipation, or diarrhea. If you want to stop suffering from a throbbing head, give the migraine relief therapy caps a shot.
This article will teach you some basic knowledge of therapy caps. You’ll see the mechanism, the benefits, and using guidance and warning tips of them. Hopefully you’ll learn how to use them to soothe the migraine, so you can have a less painful day ahead.
The Mechanism of Therapy Caps
Telling from the name, a migraine therapy cap is a cap or wraparound headband designed to provide some relief from migraine symptoms. Most of them work by cooling the head, numbing the pain or tension felt during a strike. However, some of the therapy caps function by heating the aching area.
The Benefits of Using Therapy Caps
Instead of holding or securing an ice pack to the head or neck, migraine relief therapy caps users hats simply have to put on the hat without worrying about the placement. That is to say, you can use them while moving around. In addition, they are quite portable and can fit in your pocket or handbag. Therefore, you can carry them wherever you like.
Since therapy caps use a natural way of pain relief, they do not carry with them strong side effects accompanying painkillers.
How to Use Therapy Caps
- Remove from the plastic bag and remove the paper insert. Place it in the microwave for 3 minutes or freeze it for at least 1 hour.
- Wear the headache relief cap on your head in a comfortable and secure manner, making sure it lies flat on your skull. Make sure the top flap is towards the front of your forehead and both straps are adjusted according to your size.
- Turn up or down the adjustable strap to get desired temperature——hot or cold, whichever you prefer.
- Feel a refreshing and cooling sensation that melts the migraines away.
Just watch below video to learn how to use a therapy cap.
- Common misunderstanding
Some people would take it for granted that the therapy caps can cure migraines. They won’t. What they do is deal with the symptoms, not the cause of disease. Since migraines are highly individualized, there’s no once and for all elixir for them. Besides, they work for some people, at least some of the time. Yet they do not work for all migraine episodes.
- Side effects
Although it might seem to be harmless, the migraine relief therapy caps do have some side effects as well. Migraine relief therapy caps are highly unlikely to cause serious or lasting side effects, so there is minimal risk of trying.
- You could combine a therapy cap with prescription or over-the-counter pain medication.
- You can experiment with the cap in slightly various positions on the head and, in many cases, you can vary the pressure applied to your head. Some caps allow you to tweak the positioning of the cold packs.
You may also like the following items to help you choose your best buy. Hope this article is helpful to you and you will also love what we have recommended!
TheraICE Rx Form Fitting Gel Ice Headache / Migraine Relief Hat, Cold Therapy Migraine Relief Cap / Migraine Ice Head Wrap Ice Pack Mask, Cold Compress Headache Relief Cap for Tension, Sinus & Stress