As the weather gets colder, many of us are looking for ways to spend time outdoors. There’s nothing better than sitting around a fire with friends, family, and maybe a drink or two. Of course, you need to start your fire the right way, or you’ll end up with smoke instead of warmth. Imagine yourself sitting around a campfire on a cool night, roasting marshmallows and telling stories to the people you love. It’s one of the most romantic things you can do, and it’s a lot of fun.
But if you don’t know how to start a bonfire, you may not get that opportunity. Don’t let that stop you, though! This article outlines the essential stages for building a successful campfire as well as tools suggestions.
How to build a campfire:
- Pick a site where campfire is legal.
- Build the fire pit: dig a 3-8 inches deep hole and circle it with stones as a barrier, or just buy a fire pit. And don’t foreget to clear nearby flammable objects like dry leaves, pine needles, twigs, etc.
- Prepare your tinder: Tinder is any very dry, small material that will catch fire quickly. They can be twigs, leaves, bark, and papers.
- Arrange some kindlings like small logs or sticks on the tinder. Make sure they are well-structured for more air circulation.
- Light the tinder: Strike a match or a lighter, and once the tinder catches the kindling on fire, keep adding to sustain and grow the flames.
- Stack more logs or large branches on the fire to maintain the fire. Once the blaze burns through the logs, heave one large log onto the top of the kindling.
Check this video for more information:
Click on this link for more illustrating guides:
Campfire Essentials Suggestions:
1. Fire Pit
# Pleasant Hearth Martin Extra Deep Wood Fire Pit
[naaa asin=”B00D6D3YJW” template=”horizontal”]
- Extra deep design for safety
- Removable Mesh Cover to reduce the number of escaping sparks
- More air flow
- Chrome plated cooking grid for BBQ
# BALI OUTDOORS Wood Burning Fire Pit with Grill
[naaa asin=”B07H94KMZL” template=”horizontal”]
- Designed with outer ledge for convenient access to drinks and roasting supplies
- Collapsible triangle frame rack to hold logs for better ventilation
- Includes a grill and a fire poker
2. Matches and Lighter
# Diamond- Strike ON Box Matches [3 BXS of 300]
[naaa asin=”B005TL0DNE” template=”horizontal”]
# UCO Stormproof Match Kit with Waterproof Case, 25 Stormproof Matches and 3 Strikers
[naaa asin=”B00773VVHO” template=”horizontal”]
Get tired of classical gas lighters? Time to try this safe USB charging lighter!
# Upgraded USB Charging Arc Lighter with 360° Flexible Neck
[naaa asin=”B07PW5KMY9″ template=”horizontal”]
- Risk-free candlesticks lighter with a 9-second power off the system
- It comes with LED indicator lights, and you can charge it by a USB charging cable.
- More than 600 use of full charge.
- This flexible neck allows you to keep away your fingers and hand from the flames. I
- Low noise, wind and splash proof
3. Fire Starters and Tinders
# GreenSpark 70 Pcs Natural Fire Starters
[naaa asin=”B07FPQVLFH” template=”horizontal”]
# Superior Trading Co. All Natural Fire Starter
[naaa asin=”B078HH156D” template=”horizontal”]
# Melt Candle Company Fire Starter – Tumbleweeds Fire Starter Pack
[naaa asin=”B084KK5P7G” template=”horizontal”]
# EasyGoProducts Eco-Stix Fatwood Fire Starter Kindling Firewood Sticks
[naaa asin=”B09D8RYVCB” template=”horizontal”]
# Kindling Wood ocote Sticks 300 pc + 12pc Natural fire Starters
[naaa asin=”B09J5HTCXW” template=”horizontal”]
# Billy Buckskin Co. Fatwood Fire Starter Sticks
[naaa asin=”B09C2KFLC5″ template=”horizontal”]
5. Log and Burning Wood
# Barton 6Pc Ceramic Log Set Birch Wood Style
[naaa asin=”B07WDDDSL1″ template=”horizontal”]
# Pine Mountain 6PK 2HR Trad Fire Log
[naaa asin=”B0038M4BZC” template=”horizontal”]
A multifuctional hatchet can be helpful in cutting woods and many other ways
# RoverTac Camping Accessories Gear Tools Multitool Hatchet
[naaa asin=”B078D7CD77″ template=”horizontal”]
- Compact Toolkit: Contains 14 different tools including Hammer, Axe, Pliers, Knife Blade, Saw, Assorted Hex Wrenches, Phillips screwdriver, Bottle Opener, File, Fish Descaler and more with a Safety Lock.
Wanna add more fun to your bonfire time with magic fire? But keep in mind that don’t cook over it.
# Magical Flames Cosmic Fire Color Packets
[naaa asin=”B01H2DESFK” template=”horizontal”]
Campfire is not only for fun and warmth. Make it a paradise of cooking. The following items are best for roasting or barbecue:
6. Campfire Grill
# Amazon Basics Portable Outdoor Folding Campfire Grill
[naaa asin=”B074N1W4G8″ template=”horizontal”]
# GameMaker Open Fire Cooking Grill & Skillet Combo
[naaa asin=”B07GD3J234″ template=”horizontal”]
7. Grill Essentials
# Grill Accessories, BBQ Tools Set, 25PCS Stainless Steel Grilling Kit
[naaa asin=”B07VV58SW1″ template=”horizontal”]
# Coghlan’s Two Burner Non-Stick Camp Griddle, 16.5 x 10-Inches Black
[naaa asin=”B0000B15HP” template=”horizontal”]
# Amazon Basics 3-Piece Non-Stick Frying Pan Set
[naaa asin=”B074RPCNMX” template=”horizontal”]
At last, don’t forget to put out your fire with water or dirt.
More camping essenstials:
What Moredeal.us do?
Moredeal.us is an affiliate website. We would like to offer a platform that links consumers and brands closer so that customers can search the best deals in our website. And brands also can share their good products on our website to our customers.
It’s not about our platform neither about us; it’s all about you. We wouldn’t succeed without your support and we would not take your trust for granted. In days to come, we will continue to provide good-quality products for you, and spare no efforts to give you the best shopping experience.