If you practice yoga regularly, you need to keep your yoga mat clean and in good condition. Do you know how to clean yoga mat? The best way to do this is by cleaning it after each use, whether at home or in the studio. Cleaning your yoga mat isn’t that difficult, but it does require some effort and a few tools you might not have lying around your house. You will probably need the following items to do the job right.
- Add water and vinegar
- Fill a bucket with warm water and about four cups of vinegar. 2. Put your mat inside the bucket and let it soak for at least 10 minutes. 3. Take the mat out of the bucket and scrub any areas that need extra attention with a brush or sponge while the mat is wet. 4. Rinse the mat thoroughly with clean water until all traces of vinegar are gone, then towel dry. 5. You can also use baby wipes, but make sure you rub them over all parts of the mat as well as on themselves before using them on anything else. 6. Air dry your yoga mat outside where there is plenty of sun so no bacteria will grow on it again!
- Scrub your mat with a brush
1.Prepare your cleaning solution. Mix one tablespoon of dish soap with one gallon of warm water.
2. Scrub the mat with a stiff brush, making sure to get deep into the cracks and crevices.
3. Rinse the mat thoroughly under a steady stream of running water, scrubbing again if necessary before you let it air dry completely
4. You can also mix essential oils into your cleaning solution for an added fragrance. Some good choices are lavender, tea tree oil, lemon or lemongrass; be careful not to use anything that is too strong or can potentially irritate sensitive skin!
- Rinse it off
Fill your bathtub with warm water and add 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Soak the mat for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cold water and shake the mat out to remove excess water, then roll it up in a towel and place it on a flat surface until dry.
- Hang up to dry
Since perspiration and bacteria are natural byproducts of your practice, it’s important to give your mat a deep clean from time-to-time. Here’s how:
1. Fill your bathtub with water and add one cup of white vinegar. Soak the mat for about 30 minutes or until the mat is fully saturated. You may want to toss in a few drops of tea tree oil for an extra cleansing boost! It will also help keep your mat fresh and eliminate any unpleasant smells that may have developed over time.
2. After soaking, then remove the yoga mat from the tub and hang it up to dry away from direct sunlight, preferably on a clothesline.
3. Once dry, store your mat in a space that has good ventilation like a garage or basement where there is plenty of air circulation.
- Storing your clean mat
When you’re finished with your yoga practice, carefully fold the mat and place it on a clean surface. The mat should not touch the ground or any other dirty surfaces before you store it.
Here is the detailed video.
Recommended Products and Articles:
Amazon Basics Extra Thick Exercise Yoga Gym Floor Mat with Carrying Strap - 74 x 24 x .5 Inches, Red
HemingWeigh 1 inch Thick Yoga Mat, Extra Thick, Non Slip Exercise Mat for Indoor and Outdoor Use, Black
What Moredeal.us do?
Moredeal.us is an affiliate website. We would like to offer a platform that links consumers and brands closer, in this way customers can search the best deals in our website. Brands also can share their good products on our website to our customers.
It’s not about our platform neither about us; it’s all about you. We wouldn’t succeed without your support and we would not take your trust for granted. In days to come, we will continue to provide good-quality products for you, and spare no efforts to give you the best shopping experience.