There’s no denying that swimming is one of the most fun activities to do in the summer months, and it’s also a great way to stay cool and get your heart pumping while still having fun with family and friends. But if you’re too modest to wear swimwear that reveals your skin, how are you supposed to partake in water activities? As it turns out, there are plenty of modest swimwear for women on the market today. Whether you prefer one-pieces or tankinis, long sleeves or spaghetti straps, simple prints or bright colors, there’s an option out there just right for you!
Types of Modest Swimwear for Women
One-piece Swimsuit. The one-piece swimsuit is usually a skin-tight garment that covers the torso, although some designs expose the back or upper chest. The most common type of one-piece suit is the maillot or tank suit, which resembles a sleeveless leotard or bodysuit. There are variants of the one-piece swimsuit, including halterneck styles and plunge front swimsuits, as well as wrap-round (“surplice”) and bandeau styles. The pretzel suit is another style of the one-piece swimsuit.
Monokini. You may think that monokini is also a kind of one-piece swimsuit, but in fact there is a subtle difference between these two kinds of swimsuits. Monokini uncovered completely the bust, leaving only the lower part of the body covered, showing the breasts. This is what we will call today being “topless” and it’s usually achieved by just removing the top of a bikini, not by purchasing a suit that’s already made to release the breast. Nowadays a monokini covers the bust but shows more skin than a one-piece.
Tankini. Tankini combines a bikini bottom with a tank top made of swimsuit fabric. This type of suit is designed for comfort and to hide the belly zone. Really popular among women that don’t really want to show a lot of skin and want to move freely in or outside the water, it’s also a good choice as a modest swimwear for women.
Swimming Tips for Beginners
Once you’ve chosen the right swimsuit for you, you’re ready to start your amazing swimming journey! If you are a beginner swimmer, the following tips will help you when training and racing in the water:
1. Observation and Learning. Find the fast swimmers in your pool and watch what they’re doing right and look for Youtube videos of people swimming.
2. Eat healthy. Swimming is one of the sports that burns more calories, the quality of the food will affect your performance in the pool. So, make sure to eat balanced and healthy, you will feel the difference!
3. Ankle flexibility. The flexibility on your ankles is extremely important, you need great flexibility like a ballerina to not be dragging your feet and to move more with each kick.
4. Rotate. For freestyle and backstroke it is important to rotate, most of the swimmers don’t rotate enough. If you are not swimming a 50 meters/yards race then you should be rotating.
5. Use your Legs. We tend to focus more on our upper body but the legs are incredibly important, many coaches say that swimming is 60% legs, 40% upper body. So improve your kick doing some extra kick sets!
6. Cool down. When you swim your muscles tighten and they get full of lactic acid. Also your blood flows rapidly from your heart. Cooling down around 20 minutes can bring your body back to normal, giving your muscles a chance to relax and be recovered for next swim.
If you can’t swim yet, don’t be frustrated! This video below can help you learn to swim faster:
Here are two modest swimwears for women:
Cute Floral Tankini Swimsuits for Women Vinatge 50s Tummy Control Two Piece Bathing Suits Tank Top with Boyshorts X-Large
COCOPEAR Women Elegant Crossover One Piece Swimdress Floral Skirted Swimsuit,Teal Floral,2XL/14-16
What Moredeal.us do?
Moredeal.us is an affiliate website. We would like to offer a platform that links consumers and brands closer, in this way customers can search the best deals in our website. Brands also can share their good products on our website to our customers.
It’s not about our platform neither about us; it’s all about you. We wouldn’t succeed without your support and we would not take your trust for granted. In days to come, we will continue to provide good-quality products for you, and spare no efforts to give you the best shopping experience.